Portability Process

Portability is an option that eligible Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) holders may utilize in order to move throughout the United States. To assist with Portability transitions, the Los Angeles County Development Authority (LACDA)  will cooperate with other Public Housing Agencies (PHAs) throughout the portability process. Please click the options below for more information regarding the Portability process. 

PortingIn    Porting Out

Portability FAQs

  • Is the Los Angeles County Development Authority Absorbing Incoming Portability Vouchers?

  • Does the Los Angeles County Development Authority Assist with Security Deposits?

  • Can I Move into the Unit Before the Paperwork has been Processed?

  • How Much Will I Pay?

  • How Much is my Voucher Worth?

  • Can I Get an Extension on my Voucher?

  • How Many Bedrooms Do I Qualify For?

  • How Long Does it Take for Portability Paperwork to be Processed?

  • Can my Paperwork be Expedited Due to my Situation?

  • May I Add Someone to my Voucher?



Contact Us

Section 8 Main Office
700 West Main Street
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626) 262-4510

Section 8 Antelope Valley Office

2323 Palmdale Blvd., Suite B
Palmdale, CA 93550
(661) 575-1511

Portability Contact 

E-mail: Portability@lacda.org  
Phone: (626) 586-1660