Porting Out

If you are currently a voucher holder with the Housing Authority and would like to move to another jurisdiction, please contact your assigned Case Manager to determine if you are eligible to “port out.”  Your Case Manager will review your file and explain all of your tenant related requirements as it relates to porting out.

Once found eligible, the request to transfer your voucher to another housing authority must be submitted to the Housing Authority in writing using the Request To Transfer form or your own letter which should include the your name, current address, a current phone number, an e-mail address and the Public Housing Agency (PHA) you wish to transfer to.  Please be sure to research where you want to move, this will help ensure that you obtain the correct information regarding the PHA that is responsible for that jurisdiction. 

NOTE: You will also be required to provide your current landlord with a Notice to Vacate your unit.  The Housing Authority will not process your port out request until we receive a copy of this notice.  The Housing Authority recommends giving your landlord a minimum of 60 days notice of vacating the current unit.

Submit your request online or to obtain porting out information:

E-mail: Portability@hacola.org

Housing Authority County of Los Angeles
Attention: Portability Department
P.O. Box 1510
Alhambra, CA 91802

Contact Us

Section 8 Main Office
700 West Main Street
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626) 262-4510

Section 8 Antelope Valley Office

2323 Palmdale Blvd., Suite B
Palmdale, CA 93550
(661) 575-1511